Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(February 1993)

Subject: Free proxy ftp/telnet in Perl coming...
From: "G. Paul Ziemba" <paul @ alantec . com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 93 01:28:49 -0800
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

I'm just getting ready to release a BETA VERSION of a proxy telnet/ftp
package written in perl. It duplicates the functionality of
Sun's Itelnet/Iftp stuff.

It's running on a network of suns with SunOS 4.1, but I imagine it
would work on just about anything unix with little or no modification.

You'll need some kind of filter mechanism, such as log_tcp, to
prevent it's getting accessed from outside your network.

What's the proper thing for me to do with this when it's ready?
We're not set up for anonymous FTP yet, and I'm not sure it would
be right for me to post it to the entire mailing list. Maybe
someone could volunteer to act as an FTP site for the shar file?

 ~!paul
--
Paul Ziemba  paul @
 alantec .

"The artist is not a special kind of man, but every man is a
special kind of artist." -- Ananda K. Coomaraswamy

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Proxy software -> socks