Subject: What package do I need?
From: Ted Ashton <ashted @ saturn . wwc . edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 93 15:28:00 PST
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

Greetings,
  I am a rather new SysAdmin on a Dell SysV R4 system, and am trying to setup
selective routing for our site.  I would like to accomplish this in two steps,
as one is an order of magnitude more important than the other.  First, I would
like to allow one set of addresses (specifying both a range and specific
addresses) complete access to the net.  Second I would like to allow another
set of addresses the ability to connect outbound, but to appear disconnected
from the outside (proxy type of application).  The Dell machine I am on is
in between the net and us (two network cards), and currently is not routing
at all.  So it will be the firewall.  I have found socks, which seems to be
a pretty good solution to part 2, but for part 1, which is what we need the
most, I don't know where to look.
--
Ted Ashton  (ashted @
 wwc .

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: SecureID PIN (Was Re: Appletalk through firewalls.)