Subject: Re: FYI - New NIC database
From: Bob Reinhardt <breinhar @ srg . srg . af . mil>
Date: Tue Mar 23 08:29:01 1993
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

_______ Forwarded Message

....rest of header delete
Date: Tue Mar 23 08:27:10 1993
....rest of header deleted

Right, that is what the rs.internic.net address is.

I believe what is happening is that, we Milnet people
are OK at NIC, but NIC is farming out a non-Milnet database
onto a new computer, probably for segregating workload, among
other reasons ;->

--Bob

>> Bob,
>>
>> I just checked.  Our databases are being updated just fine at nic.ddn.mil.
>> Had a TAC user registered just last week, as a matter of fact.  I don't
know
>> what this guy is talking about!
>>
>> I did find it interesting that, effective 1 Apr, NSFNET is going to open an
>> Internet NIC!  Stay tuned for more details....
>>
>> John

 netserv .
 com>
 greatcircle .
 com
 netserv .
 com

>> only

_______ End of Forwarded Message

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Firewalls and NFS -