Subject: Re: Encrypting Routers (SUMMARY)
From: Amos Shapira <amoss @ cs . huji . ac . il>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1993 17:38:32 +0200
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

safdas @
 moose .
 gs .
 com (Shabbir J Safdar) writes:

|To go along with these, there is a PC which acts as a "Network Security
|Center".  You can either buy the software with the PC or without.  The
|NSC with PC is $12,900, and $10,500 without.

How difficult would it be to integrate such capebilities into existing
PD/shareware software?

And a more general question:  are there any documents describing how such
things work?  Also can hosts which use such a firewall to connect to a
certain remote site still use regular IP to connect to other sites (so, for
instance, I use secure NFS to connect to another campus but don't care about
security with other sites so I can talk FTP/telnet/whatever easely to "forgien"
sites on the Internet?) (does the previous question make sense at all? :)

Thanks for the summery.

--Amos Shapira (Jumper Extraordinaire) |  "It is true that power corrupts,
C.S. System Group, Hebrew University,  |   but absolute power is better!"
Jerusalem 91904, ISRAEL                |
amoss @
 cs .
 huji .
 ac .
 il                    |          -- the Demon to his son