Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(February 1994)

Subject: Re: --2-- Re: S/Key w/ NeXT NetInfo modifications
From: Eric A. Litman <elitman @ proxima . com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 94 13:00:55 -0500
To: Marcus J. Ranum -- Crash Test Dummy for the Information Superhighway <mjr @ tis . com>
Cc: skey-users @ thumper . bellcore . com, elitman @ inxt . umd . edu, firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

Thanks, Marcus for your reply, but I guess my query was somewhat ambiguous. I
would like to know if anyone has integrated NetInfo into either S/Key *or* the
fwtk.

-Eric Litman

Begin forwarded message:

From: Marcus J. Ranum -- Crash Test Dummy for the Information Superhighway
<mjr @
 tis .
 com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 94 09:54:21 EST
To: elitman @
 nxstep .
 com, skey-users @
 thumper .
 bellcore .
 com
Subject: --2-- Re:  S/Key w/ NeXT NetInfo modifications
Cc: elitman @
 proxima .
 com, firewalls @
 GreatCircle .
 COM

>Has anyone integrated S/Key into NeXT's NetInfo network managment
>system? Or how about TIS's fwtk?

	The toolkit supports S/key and comes with hooks to use it
for all authenticating all the proxies. We don't specifically include
the S/key software itself, since we don't want to induce versionitis.
As it stands, S/key is apparently evolving rapidly in its own direction,
so if you're using a newer version than the bellcore version, you
may need to make some changes.

mjr.

Indexed By Date Previous: Firewall Toolkit V1.2