Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(February 1994)

Subject: Re: FTP and Telnet
From: kannan @ catarina . usc . edu
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 11:01:08 -0800
To: jac @ jac . xyplex . com (Jeff Choate)
Cc: firewalls @ greatcircle . com

>>> From: jac @
 jac .
 xyplex .
 com (Jeff Choate)
>>> Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 13:50:59 EST

> I guess someone else thought the same thing!  Only I wouldn't be this
> much of a jerk until I knew that it was a virus!

Let me head this off from firewalls asap.

We have seen the gentleman post before, with no untoward consequences.
The gentleman said his software had screwed him over.  Such things
happen (Yes, I was more careful to read it this time over.  I must say
though, od makes for one painful MUA :-).

I could have used more tact in the response.  4 hours of sleep trying to
meet deadlines, and early morning mail reading before the first cup of
caffiene does not help ones ettiquette either.

My message was also cautionary to others, which is why it went to
firewalls.

Yes, virii exist.  This was not one.  Let's just close this and go on.

Kannan