Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(November 1994)

Subject: Bastion host on Sun Sparc Solaris 2.x
From: George Armhold <armhold @ phoenix . xpedite . com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 94 17:18:48 EST
To: firewalls @ greatcircle . com

Can anyone suggest a resource for help in configuring a Sparcstation
running Solaris 2.x as a bastion host?  I have C&B, as well as the
O'Reilly TCP/IP nutshell book, and understand most of the major issues
as they apply to BSD platforms, but I am new to SVR4.  Nearly every
piece of documentation on firewalls that I've come across only
casually mentions non-BSD platforms.

For example, I'm having quite a time just trying to figure out how to
reconfigure the kernel to turn off IP forwarding.

Any pointers appreciated.

PS: we are in the process of porting the TIS toolkit to ANSI C & SVR4
for evaluation.  Has anyone tackled this yet?

-George
--
George Armhold, Xpedite Systems Inc.
email: armhold @

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: MAC addresses