Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(November 1994)

Subject: Re: assurance for firewalls
From: charisse @ SmallWorks . COM (Charisse Castagnoli)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 94 21:38:24 CST
To: avolio @ tis . com, charisse @ SmallWorks . COM
Cc: firewalls @ greatcircle . com

>>It seems to me that the term "assurance" is being used in two
>>different ways here. By my way of thinking, it is used correctly in
>>the first paragraph and not in the second.

Mia culpa! I meant "assurance" in the sense of verifying the correct
operation of something already appropriately installed.  Not, as Fred points
out, an independent audit of the firewall implementation to determine if
what is acutally implemented is an appropriately configured firewall.

This list is the last place I'd want to give the impression of providing
something we're not :-)

Charisse Castagnoli				Haystack Labs
charisse @
 smallworks .
 com				1+512 918 3555(voice)
						10713 RR 620 N. #521
						Austin Tx. 78726

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: ping/traceroute over proxy?