Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(November 1994)

Subject: Re: Encryted email
From: NetSurfer <jdwilson @ gold . chem . hawaii . edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 1994 19:51:39 -1000 (HST)
To: Kenneth Martig <martig @ zgi . com>
Cc: firewalls @ greatcircle . com, Dave Barnhart <70275 . 1360 @ compuserve . com>

On Thu, 3 Nov 1994, Kenneth Martig wrote:

> We would like to encrypt email between two sites.  This has to happen
> somehow on the mail gateway machine to allow for the mail coming from our
> cc:mail gateway to be encrypted as well.
>
> Has anyone done something similar?  I would assume that I need something
> to allow me to create a sendmail rule that if the address matches then we
> call up the encryption program.  We are considering using PGP.
>
> The two complications are we want encryption and decryption to be
> transparent to the user (PGP doesn't fit that very easily) and the
> company we are encrypting email to is in Denmark(ie. export restrictions.
> You'll shoot your eye out with that encryption algorithm)

Contact Viacrypt as they have hardware PGP solutions which are transparent
to users.

-NetSurfer

#include <standard.disclaimer>

==  =     = |James D. Wilson        |V.PGP 2.7:   512/E12FCD 1994/03/17 >
 "  "  o  " |P. O. Box 15432        |     finger for full PGP key        >
\"  "/ G \" |Serendipitous Solutions|    Also NetSurfer @
 sersol .
 com      >