Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(November 1994)

Subject: BSDI Kernel mods for IP Routing
From: an119810 @ anon . penet . fi
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 05:36:11 UTC
To: firewalls @ greatcircle . com

Can anyone tell me what I should do in BSDI's BSD/386 kernel code (v1.1) to
_really_ disable routing and source routing.  I'd like it to be
"permanently" disabled so that simply changing the value of a kernal
variable with a debugger won't be enough to turn it on.

While we're at it, any other recommendations on kernel tweaking while I'm in
there?

Thanx.

To find out more about the anon service, send mail to help @
 anon .
 penet .
 fi .

Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to admin @
 anon .
 penet .
 fi .

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: NetNews servers