Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(November 1994)

Subject: unsuscribe!!!
From: Brent @ GreatCircle . COM (Brent Chapman)
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 1994 18:23:17 -0500
To: firewalls

OK, this is getting ridiculous.  But I'm going to have to make sure
that the naughty words don't appear in the first five lines of the
message, so that it doesn't tickle the administrivia filter, since I'm
on the road at the moment and can't easily work around it...
[Phew, coming up for air, I think this makes 5 lines...  :-) ]

First, for almost any mailing list on the Internet, you send adminstrivia
(requests to subscribe, unsubscribe, etc.) to for list @
 site to
list-request @
 site .
   This is true for Firewalls and every other list I run;
sending email to the -request address gets you back recorded info about how
to use Majordomo.

Second, it's spelled "unsuBscribe", not "unsuscribe"!!!  There's a "B" in
the middle of the word!!!  The idea of hacking the administrivia filter to
recognize a typo is galling, but it's beginning to look necessary...

-Brent

--
Brent Chapman         | Great Circle Associates  | Call or email for info about
Brent @

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Security Breech associated with NFS