I've seen on this list before mention of/requests for the existence
of a spec sheet for designing an environment to connect a corporation
to the Internet. I don't recall seeing such a spec sheet come across
More specifically, the type of spec sheet I'm looking for deals with
issues such as :
- what hardware is used to connect to the Internet access line
- what minimum security should be dealt with at that hardware
- that a choke point should be implemented
- that 'X' number of servers are minimally required to implement
Internet services, the choke point, ...
- if providing dialin access the modem ratio of users to modems should be...
- the environment needs the capability to provide accounting, usage
reporting, traffic monitoring
- network management should be implemented
I have some of my own ideas but was hoping for a template or something more
formal along these lines - or if anyone would like to share their past efforts.