I have just completed some preliminary testing of Firewall-1 product,
version 1.2 , by Checkpoint Technologies, and I was impressed overall with
the entire product. I accessed the following areas , and here are my
1) User Friendliness - I found that one of the good things about this
product was its ease of use, whether defining your security rules or
defining your network environment.
2) Security/User Authentication - This was definitely one of its strong
points. I am particurlarly interested in comments with its interface with
the SecurID access card. I basically found that once you secuirty rules
were defined , Firewall-1 did exactly what it was supposed to do.
3) Central Administration - Even though I did not have the opportunity to
test the administration of multiple firewalls, I am interested in any
feedback other users have regarding this matter.
4) Reporting/Alerting/Auditing - This is an area I had high regard for. I
found the online log viewer especially powerful and flexible, the online
alerting mechanism a handy but important tool, and the auditing mechanism
thorough. Even though there were no standard reports already produced, it
was easy enough to customise exactly the information you needed.
5) Bugs/Loopholes/Inconsistencies - To date I have not been aware of any
problems with this version.
6) Performance - I would also welcome any comments regarding this issue
using Solaris 2.4 .
Please forward any comments other users may have with Firewall-1 in the
afforementioned areas and maybe any other issues you may feel would be
helpful knowing about this product.
Thanking you in advance