Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1996)

Subject: Re: Raptor's Eagle Firewall
From: sameer @ wiproge . med . ge . com (Sameer )
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 12:58:30 -0500
To: adam @ homeport . org, firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

hi,
	Even i would like an answer to that....trust relationship....
		.....sam
E-Mail : sameer @
 wiproge .
 med .
 ge .
 com   Wipro GE Medical Systems - Bangalore
	 sameer @
 wiproge .
 gemse .
 fr

Name : Sameer [Sam]
Wipro GE Medical Systems Ltd.,GPDC,
A-1,Corporate Towers,Golden Enclave,
Airport Road,Bangalore- 560017,
INDIA
"Opinions expressed are my own and may not confirm to my Employers"
********************THOUGHT FOR THE DAY**************************
Diplomacy is the art of saying "GOOD DOGGY" till you find a very
BIG stick.
You may delegate AUTHORITY but not RESPONSIBILITY

*SAM*From firewalls-owner @
 GreatCircle .
 COM Mon Jun  3 09:14:52 1996
*SAM*From: Adam Shostack <adam @
 homeport .
 org>
*SAM*Subject: Re: Raptor's Eagle Firewall
*SAM*To: Russ .
 Cooper @
 RC .
 Toronto .
 on .
 ca (Russ)
*SAM*Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 12:37:26 -0500 (EST)
*SAM*Cc: peter @
 baileynm .
 com, firewalls @
 GreatCircle .
 COM
*SAM*
*SAM*Russ wrote:
*SAM*(Responding, I think, to Peter Da Silva)
*SAM*| >Why would you put your firewall into the same authentication domain as
*SAM*| >your users?
*SAM*|
*SAM*| >Maybe I'm missing something, but that seems like you're putting an awful
*SAM*| >lot of trust in the NT security model.
*SAM*|
*SAM*| Actually, its possible to establish a trust relationship between two
*SAM*| seperate NT domains such that attempts to log onto the Firewall Domain
*SAM*| would be validated against an internal Administrative Domain, but accounts
*SAM*| on the Firewall Domain would not be permitted to log into the
*SAM*| Administrative Domain.
*SAM*
*SAM*	Could you expand on this?  How is the trust maintained?  How
*SAM*is information moved between the two systems?
*SAM*
*SAM*Adam
*SAM*
*SAM*--
*SAM*"It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once."
*SAM*					               -Hume
*SAM*
*SAM*

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Firewall-1 and Gauntlet