Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1996)

Subject: Re: Re Finding domain name from IP address
From: Natchu Vishnu Priya <vishnu @ brahma . iitm . ernet . in>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 00:14:38 +0530 (IST)
To: gblolmxb @ ibmmail . com
Cc: ac141 @ typhoon . dial . pipex . net, firewalls @ greatcircle . com

On Fri, 12 Apr 1996 gblolmxb @
 ibmmail .
 com wrote:

>      Ben said:
>
>      >We have a combination of registered and unregistered IP addresses on
>      >our network (no Internet connection yet).
>
>      >Is there a way I can find out who the unregistered ones are really
>      >registered to?
>
>      Try telnetting to rs.internic.net and run whois. or for European
>      registrations, try info.ripe.net, or even ns.ripe.net.
just use nslookup or dig and look for the nameservers of the inverted ip
domains.. like if the ip address are 10.11.12.xx look for the nameservers of
12.11.10.in-addr.arpa.

-vishnu

Vishnu Priya Natchu            System Administrator
225, Saraswathi,               Network Systems Lab,
IIT Madras 600 036             Computer Science & Engg.
INDIA                          IIT Madras
0091-044-235-1889              0091-044-235-1921
Email:      mailto:vishnu @
 brahma .
 iitm .
 ernet .
 in
WWW page:   http://brahma.iitm.ernet.in/~vishnu

From: Bradley Smith <brads @ access . digex . net>
Next: [no subject]
From: bobm @ network . com
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re Finding domain name from IP address
From: gblolmxb @ ibmmail . com
Next: Re: Re Finding domain name from IP address
From: Dennis Moroney <dennis @ SterCtl . com>