Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1996)

Subject: Firewalls performance
From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr @ clark . net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 15:18:51 -0400 (EDT)
To: firewalls @ greatcircle . com
Phone: 410-889-8569

	Since I'm not sure how much cross-pollination there
is between firewalls @
 greatcircle .
 com and
firewalls-performance @
 greatcircle .
 com, I thought I'd mention
that lately there have been a number of good papers and tools
posted for measuring performance. All are available on the
firewalls performance web page http://www.v-one.com/pubs/perf
Firewall performance, as a thread, seems to appear in this
list about every month, and I thought I'd inject the pointer
now since the topic is about due for it's periodic rehashing.
Please redirect follow-up discussion to firewalls-performance.

mjr.

--
Chief Scientist, V-ONE Corporation  --  "Security for a connected world"
work            http://www.v-one.com

Indexed By Date Previous: RE: NT firewalls & NOS admins