Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1996)

Subject: Firewall Solution.
From: ANT-Antony <Antony @ VERSA . CO . ID>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 13:58:51 -0000
To: "'FireWalls @ GreatCircle . com'" <FireWalls @ GreatCircle . com>

Hi,

One of my customer asked me about firewalls. They are currently using NT 3.51.
They already have a Telebit PN2 router. But since they don't have any security protection, they haven't make any connection from their network to the internet yet.

My question is :

- Should I use the NT or set up a Linux box for the firewalls ?
- Or can I set up a firewalls on the Telebit PN2.
- If I use the firewalls for multiplying IP addresses (the ISP want to give only 16 IP#, but they have about 100 workstation), will there be any performance issue ?
- I'm kinda new in this, can anyone point me a good place to start?

Thanks a lot. Any comment will be greatly appreciated.

Antony.

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Firewall functionallity