Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1996)

Subject: Firewall functionallity
From: Mattias Lindström <mattias . lindstrom @ ihc . se>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 14:48:13 +0200
To: firewalls-digest @ GreatCircle . COM

Is there any firewall that has the following features:

1. permit/deny emails based on size (like allow only email smaller than 4=
00
kb)?
2. permit/deny emails based on attachments and the size of attachments (l=
ike
if attachment =3D exe deny or attachment > 40 kb deny)?
3. check ftp sessions and permit/deny based on size (like allow ftp if < =
300
kb)?

All of these q:s is of course applied on a user/group basis.

I know that 1 and 2 isn=B4t really the firewalls "thing" but I was curiou=
s if
anyone had the functions.

Regards,
--
Mattias Lindström

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Firewalls and DNS