Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1996)

Subject: Re: Round-robin DNS?
From: dwh @ translation . com (David Hawkins)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 96 18:59:16 PDT
To: silveira @ nutpagw . nutec . com . br
Cc: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

Sounds like your trying to avoid round-robin DNS!?  If so, check out

	http://www.translation.com/ld.html

It's not a firewall, but it does do real-time load ballancing across "n"
servers.  Provides some fault-tollerance and makes good use of you IP
addresses too.

David Hawkins
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems
dwh @
 cisco .
 com
-----------------------
flames > /dev/h2o

> From: Fernando da Silveira Montenegro <silveira @
 nutspgw .
 nutec .
 com .
 br>
> To: firewalls @
 GreatCircle .
 COM
> Date: 	Mon, 10 Jun 1996 13:38:54 -0700
> Subject: Round-robin DNS?
>
> Hi!
>
> Once again, another question I would ask only after searching the
> archives, but they seem to be off-line...
>
> How are people out there implementing round-robin DNS? I have "n"
> servers acting as www.wherever.com and I want to split the traffic
> bewteen them. Of course, if I could do a proper load balancing that
> would be great, but a simple "n" way split is a big help already.
>
> How does it relate to firewalls? A firewall system will act as the
> primary server for .wherever.com, and will have to perform this
> tricks...
>
> Please reference any information on the Web if this is a FAQ.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Fernando
> --
> Fernando da Silveira Montenegro        E-mail: silveira @
 nutec .
 com .
 br
> Nutec Informatica S.A.                 Phone.: +55-11-505-5728
> Rua Florida, 1821/11th floor           Fax...: +55-11-505-1918
> Sao Paulo, SP BRAZIL 04565-001         WWW: http://www.nutec.com.br

Indexed By Date Previous: RE: Re[2]: Active-X and/or Java?