Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1996)

Subject: Firewalls and MS SQL
From: Mattias Lindström <mattias . lindstrom @ ihc . se>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 10:55:12 +0200
To: Firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

Hi.

I am going to implement two MS SQL servers with a firewall (almost
anyway, its a Livingston IRX :-)) in the middle.

Now I have a question,

How is the traffic going between the MS SQL servers?
Yep, I know about port 1433 (as specified in the MS SQL setup)
but that can´t be all thats needed...

On what ports except 1433 is MS SQL "talking"?

--
Mattias Lindström

Indexed By Date Previous: Problem with x-gw on Linux system