Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1996)

Subject: Re: FireWall-1 and token ring
From: Michel Lavondes <lavondes @ tidtest . total . fr>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 20:47:22 +0100
To: Mike . Jones @ unifiedtech . com (Mike Jones)
Cc: firewalls @ greatcircle . com

In message <9606141629 .
 AA13684 @
 bass .
 unifiedtech .
 com>, Mike Jones writes:
> Has anyone ever set up a FW-1 firewall where one network interface
> was a token ring? The best answer I've been able to get from Sun so
> far is "it ought to work", but the documentation doesn't specifically
> say.

I don't know about FW-1, but I've had unpleasant experiences with
TR interfaces under 4.1.4.

Michel Lavondes (lavondes @
 tidtest .
 total .
 fr)
#include <disclaimer.h>
Governments are guilty until proved innocent

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: New Firewall Announcement
From: Bill Stout <bill . stout @ hidata . com>
Next: Re: FireWall-1 and token ring
From: Rick Romkey <pokey @ maddie . atlantic . com>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: FireWall-1 and token ring
From: john dias <johndias @ inreach . com>
Next: Re: FireWall-1 and token ring
From: Rick Romkey <pokey @ maddie . atlantic . com>