Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1996)

From: Frederick M Avolio <avolio @ tis . com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 96 08:45:16 -0400
To: D . Thomas @ vthrc . uq . edu . au (Danny Thomas), firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM
Cc: Alex Linch <Alex @ unep . ch>

fwall-users is old. fwtk-users is what it has been for a year or two. Both
work.  It is mentioned promenantly, so it always worries me some when someone
doesn't know where to post questions.  If they cannot get that part right,
what hope is there for installing a working firewall from the FWTK.  Perhaps
the skill set required is different and I worry needlessly.

At 08:14 PM 6/18/96 +1000, Danny Thomas wrote:
>Alex Linch <Alex @
 unep .
 ch> writes
>>I know that there is a mailing lis for FWTK users, but I forgot the name.
>>Thanks in advance,
>
>this must be a common malady 8-)
>
>you can try fwtk-users @
 tis .
 com but be warned it is rather moribund.

>Unlike Alex it seems a lot of people don't admit to forgetting the address
>or haven't read the documentation where it clearly states to use the fwtk
>list instead of firewalls.  8-(
>
>Actually I'm confused because the README I've got mentions a fwall-users
>list as well as fwtk-users? But maybe I screwed up the installation so that
>an old copy of README was left lying around?
>
>cheers,
>Danny Thomas  <D .
 Thomas @
 cmcb .