Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1996)

From: dehtpnmk @ ibmmail . com
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 06:47:31 EDT
To: FIREWALLS @ GREATCIRCLE . COM

From: Amadeus Forums AT MUCVM1 <dehtpnmk @
 ibmmail .
 com>
Subject: Re: fw1 log mgmt & statistics

             Niv Zur <niv .
 zur @
 telrad .
 co .
 il>

Amadeus FORUMS for DAVID BLACK :
private replies to: <dehtpz79 @
 ibmmail .
 com>

I am running an evalutaion of XACCT at the moment and I have also found
 that it has problems when we are running with the USER AUTHENTICATION
 proxy, it doesn't seem to be able to track data from user -> server.
 Accounting records are showing USER -> FW-1 and FW-1 -> SERVER.This
 basically means I cannot see what is really going on for a user
 session.

Q: Is there a solution or is it "AS DESIGNED"

Thanks,
Dave Black
System Programmer, Amadeus Global Travel, Munich, Germany
osg023 @
 mucvm1, dehtpz79 @
 ibmmail .
 com, (49) 8122-43-5795 fax(3260)

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: cisco logging levels