Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1996)

Subject: Re: Gauntlet - How good is it?
From: Alan Hannan <alan @ gi . net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 07:53:15 -0500 (CDT)
To: abradley @ ctcc . gov . za
Cc: FireWalls @ GreatCircle . COM

  In my opinion, Gauntlet is the best solution for most people on
  the market right now.

  It's in itself very effective and broad, as well having the option
  to be simple, and generic.

  As well, given the source code and unix mentality, you can do
  whatever you want with it, including making nifty traffic stats
  graphs.

  -alan

.........  Alan Bradley is rumored to have said:
]
] Hi All,
]
] Our company is looking to acquire a commercial firewall and seems to
] have settled on Gauntlet.  Before it is bought I was wondering if
] there is anyone out there who would like to comment on it.
]
] Are there any quirks one needs to know about etc.
]
] We will be looking for the firewall to produce all traffic stats etc.
]
] Any and all comments will be appreciated.
]
] Thanks,
] Alan Bradley
]