Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1996)

Subject: Professional Firewallers group?
From: Bill Stout <bill . stout @ hidata . com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 11:33:32 -0700
To: Firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

Is there a professional organization similar to IEEE/Usenix/Sage/CERT
for Firewallers?

I realize this smells like 'certification' for Firewallers, but
it seems as firewall management/internet security is being viewed as
'yet another trivial nusance' in some technically clueless circles.

Bill Stout

William B. Stout       | Major revelations:
Senior Systems Admin   | "All objects are part of a larger object."
Hitachi Data Systems   | "3 aware beings comprise a person; mind, body, spirit."
NT/UNIX/I-net/Routers  | "The secret of life: To be involved with 'creation'."
408-970-4822           | Disclaimer: I speak for no one but us three people.  ;)

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Gauntlet - How good is it?