Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1996)

Subject: RE: SOCKS protocol.
From: Gene Lee <genel @ inforamp . net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 14:53:15 -0400
To: "David j. Sopuch" <djs @ iwinpak . com>
Cc: "firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM" <firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM>

You might be thinking about the wsock32.dll put out by Hummingbird which is a 32-bit winsock replacement for Windows95 and Windows NT. Dunno if one exists for Win3.1. You can download the Hummingbird wsock32.dll for free from their homepage: http://www.hummingbird.com/

For DOS/Windows, I believe FTP and other stack manufacturers have come out  with SOCKSified stacks.

--
Gene Lee
genel @