Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1996)

Subject: Re: Pilot Network Services
From: vin @ shore . net (Vin McLellan)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 22:20:15 -0400
To: firewalls @ greatcircle . com

        Re the Original Query about the rep of Pilot Network Services:

        I know nothing about the quality of Pilot's technical services, as
noted they do claim to be inordinantly savvy about computer security
issues. Last year I had a client refer to me a "Security Alert" issued by
Pilot and sent to their customers and potential customers that purported to
describe awesome vulnerabilities and specific exploitable weaknesses in
token authentication systems.

        It was a truly bizarre document.  It was full of patent idiocies
and obviously written by someone who had no knowledge of the technology and
no idea what he/she was talking about.  Ask Pilot for it -- and then ask
them to explain it to you.  The experience will doubtless be revealing, one
way or the other.

        _Vin

         Vin McLellan +The Privacy Guild+ <vin @
 shore .
 net>
      53 Nichols St., Chelsea, Ma. 02150 USA Tel: (617) 884-5548

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: FW: Web server updates and secure ac