Subject: Windows 95 Access over UNIX-Firewall?
From: Harti <stapo @ thepentagon . com>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 13:48:15 +0200
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

We use Windows 95 PC's and the TAS-Server (It's like SAMBA but easier and
much more expensive :-) from Syntax.
We have now a second network and the PC's should have a connection to the
TAS server. Our UNIX SUN SOLARIS Firewall-I would allow the access, but the
names of the servers are searched via broadcasting and broadcasting is
stopped by the firewall.
Is there a possibility to tell the IP-Adresses of the netbios-servers to
the WIN95 clients?
Or is it possible to tell the firewall to route the broadcasts (and make a
10.0.2.255 from the 10.0.2.x net to a 10.1.0.255 for the 10.1.0.x net?)

Many thanks
Harti
Your mails are being watched.
So don't use the words: Police kills drugs or you get points on their files!

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: spam