Subject: Re: SSH Questions
From: dmcewen @ nsf . gov
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 98 09:53:18 EST
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM, Roy Stevens <tobor @ ns . CompuNetServices . com>

SSH provides security via encryption, so it makes it much harder to
snoop your data including userid and password. However, if some one is
able to comprimise your userid/password, then you have made the
firewall a joke because it is so easy to tunnel other protocols via
ssh. I'd suggest that inbound ssh only be done with strong auth such
as SecurID.

Subject: SSH Questions
Author:  Roy Stevens <tobor @
 ns .
 CompuNetServices .
 com> at NOTE
Date:    4/3/98 9:43 AM

I have started research into running ssh accross the INTERNET.
My preliminary research has shown much promiss.

I would appreciate any feedback on this.

I am particularly interested in firewall issues, ie proxy or IP
forwarding problems.

Thanks for any correspondance.

TOBOR

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: gre and cisco