Subject: Re: How can I detect packet sniffer
From: Antonio Paulo Salgado Forster <forster @ na-cp . rnp . br>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 20:08:04 -0300 (EST)
To: Frank Willoughby <frankw @ in . net>
Cc: Junwen Lai <jwlai @ www . ustc . edu . cn>, firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

Hello,

I've heard something on this list sometime ago about an ideia of
monitoring the systems in the same bus with snmp. The idea was to check if
the interface was capturing an amount of packets above the normal amount,
but I dont know the details. Maybe the one who had the idea could give an
explanation.

Regards,

Antonio Paulo Salgado Forster
Operacoes em Redes - RNP

On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Frank Willoughby wrote:

> Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 17:21:59 -0500
> From: Frank Willoughby <frankw @
 in .
 net>