Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1992)

Subject: Nominations for Most Stupid Way of Gatewaying Mail
From: "Kenton A. Hoover" <shibumi @ net . bio . net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 92 12:52:34 -0800
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Cc: postmaster @ kodak . com

Got this request from a user today.  Note carefully the headers
and the postscript to their note.

Date: Tue, 15 Dec 92 11:29:17 -0500
From: nobody@Kodak.COM
To: "biosci@genbank.bio.net"@Kodak.COM
Subject: "Bionet" USENET Newsgroups

>From:	NAME: Frank J. Dutko
	FUNC: Virology & Oncopharm.
	TEL: (518)445-8982                    <DUTKO@A1@DSRGVJ>
To:	"biosci@genbank.bio.net"@KODAKR@MRGATE@WPC
CC:	NAME: Frank J. Dutko <DUTKO@A1@DSRGVJ>

            I am interested in participating in the "bionet" USENET
          newsgroups.  Can you please tell me how to start?

                                                         Thanks,
                                                         Frank Dutko, Ph.D.
                                                         dutko@KODAK.COM

          P.S.  When you reply to this message, please do NOT use your auto-
          reply function.  For some reason, I do not receive messages made
          this way, but I do receive them if they are made from scratch. Thnx.

----------

Did someone at Kodak think this was clever?

| Kenton A. Hoover                                 |      shibumi@net.bio.net |
| BIOSCI Network Administrator                     |                          |
| BIOSCI/IntelliGenetics, Inc.                     |          +1 415 962 7300 |
|=========== net.bio.net -- The New Home of the bionet Newsgroups ============|
|   All Governments, including the worst on earth and the most tyrannical on  |
|   earth, are free Governments to that portion of the people who voluntarily |
|   support them.                                                             |
|       -- Lysander Spooner                                                   |

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: How to deal with bounces