Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1994)

Subject: Re: A flood from America OnLine
From: todd%toolz . UUCP @ mathcs . emory . edu (Todd Merriman)
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 94 16:20:48 -0500
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

>You see, I believe it's my fault.
>
>Couple months ago, I got contacted by someone from AOL wanting to post
>the Publicly Accessible Mailing Lists there.  I told them what I told
>everyone -- Sure, as long as you leave all the attributions intact.  Turned
>out to be a huge mistake.

I was also buried in clueless mail for a couple of weeks on my
mailing list, but I welcomed the new traffic because my list
had become tired-assed.  And, when the traffic jumped up by a factor
of 10, many of those AOL subscribers dropped out because they have
to pay for the time they spend reading mail.

The traffic has now reduced to a reasonable level, and there are a lot
of new topics being discussed on the list.

I'm glad that AOL posted the Publicly Accessible Mailing List, and
I'm glad that I am able to reach many more people who need the
information on my list.

| Todd Merriman - Software Toolz, Inc. +1 404 889 8264  / Maintainer of the
| 8030 Pooles Mill Dr., Ball Ground, GA 30107         / Software Entrepreneur's
| todd@toolz.atl.ga.us                              / Mailing List

We are not anticipating any emergencies.

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: A flood from America OnLine