Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1994)

Subject: Re: waves of the future?
From: Steve Simmons <scs @ lokkur . dexter . mi . us>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 1994 11:58:02 -0500 (EST)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Jerry Peek suggests a central sub/unsub service with universal formats.
I see far more problems created long-term than solved, mostly boiling
down to what happens if you don't like the way the central deals with
your mailing list.  If a given list opts out, we've simply recreated
the problem.

Better that we work on the translator package and make it available to
list managers everywhere to install as they find the need.