Subject: Re: AOL impresses me
From: David Casti <disc @ vector . casti . com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 1994 20:06:09 -0400 (EDT)
To: Chuq Von Rospach <chuq @ apple . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Sun, 24 Apr 1994, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> funny. I've yet to have a problem with AOL or its users. Of course, I'm
> not running off picking fights with them, either.

That's OK.  The law of averages will catch up with you too.

> I wonder if list managers get the kind of activity they look for?

Possible, but based on the sheer numbers of list managers who have trouble
with AOL users it would seem that there is something of substance.

> (rhetorical question: are we running lists to provide a service? or because
> it's good for the ego to be a list manager?)

Interesting question... I'm sure it varies from manager to manager, and
in almost all cases its some mixture of both.

David.