Subject: Re: Here's a question for you all...
From: Brent Chapman <brent @ mycroft . GreatCircle . COM>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 1994 23:20:33 -0700
To: jailbait @ intercon . com (Jailbait)
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

jailbait@intercon.com (Jailbait) writes:

# So.
# We've all gotten really sick and tired of misdirected sub and unsub
# requests.
# The question is, do all of you who run automated list maintainence SW
# have the <listname>-request set correctly so that, at the VERY least,
# the user who uses that address gets a note saying that this is an
# automated system and to do the following...?
# I really hope so...
# JB

I strongly agree with this sentiment (that you should support the
"-request" convention, regardless of what else you do).  This is a key
part of the standard Majordomo setup.  If folks follow the examples
given for setting up lists, they'll have a "-request" address for each
list that sends back instructions on how to use Majordomo with
specific examples customized for the list in question.

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman         | Great Circle Associates  | Call or email for info about
Brent@GreatCircle.COM | 1057 West Dana Street    | upcoming Internet Security

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Here's a question for you all...