Subject: Re: Superhighway Growth
From: Sharon Shea <sshea @ world . std . com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 1994 10:53:09 -0400 (EDT)
To: pmdatropos @ aol . com
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

> I also get the impression that there is a misunderstanding about our ideas.
> America Online is not going to simply move lists to our internal news
> hierarchy without warning, nor are we trying to force list owners to
> acquiesce. Providing access to a mailing list via our -local distribution-

It would be helpful to get some clarificatin here before keel over from
astonishment. Are you implying that there is a concept that lists could
be moved without warning. And 'not trying to force'? The choice of words
no doubt gives the comments an uneasy feeling you may not intend, but
'force' and 'warning' just seem to give me uneasy feeling. I can't
imagine that anyone would touch any darn thing about a list without this
being the total wish of the list owner. If anyone posted any of my list
messages on a newsgroup without my knowing, I'd go totally balistic.

-Sharon
Owner women
      rocks-and-fossils
      witi-east