Subject: Re: list membership security
From: arielle @ taronga . com (Stephanie da Silva)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 94 7:07:50 CDT
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

> Consider a mailing list as a conference; at what conferences that you've
> been to are everyone's faces covered by a paper bag?  Why should I not
> have the right to know whom I'm addressing?

One of my lists is sexually oriented, of a somwehat controversial nature
(specifically people who are into sado-masochism).  A lot of the members
on my list would prefer that their identities not be known.  Occasionally
I'll get a request for someone to post their message anonymously.  I don't
think it's an unreasonable request, given the subject matter.

--
Stephanie da Silva			          PO Box 720711
arielle@taronga.com                               Houston, TX  77272

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: list membership security