Subject: Re: list membership security
From: Sharon Shea <sshea @ world . std . com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 1994 13:13:33 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Michael H. Morse" <mmorse @ nsf . gov>
Cc: Stephanie da Silva <arielle @ taronga . com>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

> Seriously, folks that think that e-mail of this sort is private, or
> that there is any security in this, are really fooling themselves.
> How do they know they can trust you?  There is neither the cultural or
> legal protections for e-mail that people assume for paper mail.  I
> highly doubt there is much legal protection for a mailing list.
>
> --Mike

This does indeed require the trust of the list administrator. My list
membership do trust me and benefit accordingly when I publish their stuff
under my name. I go out of my way to keep their message on 'safe'
machines and they know it.

-Sharon

From: Sharon Shea <sshea@world.std.com>
Next: Re: list membership security
From: pmdatropos@aol.com
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: list membership security
From: Paul Graham <pjg@acsu.buffalo.edu>
Next: Re: list membership security
From: Brent Chapman <brent@mycroft.GreatCircle.COM>