Subject: New Rider's Internet Yellow Pages
From: arielle @ taronga . com (Stephanie da Silva)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 94 9:22:27 CDT
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Just picked this book up and I was displeased with what I found.

Despite the fact they used the Publicly Accessible Mailing Lists and
didn't credit me for it, they also published the posting address for
every single mailing list they listed (which they referred to as
"listservs).

Needless to say, I wrote them a letter about it outlining my disappoval.

I think from now on, I'll refuse permission whenever anyone asks if they
can use the PAML.  Too many people jumping on the Internet bandwagon
to make a buck and we're starting to get people not very familiar with
the topic they're writing about.  Tho the flood of books may have peaked.
I was talking with someone at Que and he said that bookstores are starting
to say "No more Internet books" as their shelves are full, plus they
don't have enough expertise on the Internet to sell them to the public.
Makes sense.
--
Stephanie da Silva			          PO Box 720711
arielle@taronga.com                               Houston, TX  77272

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Policies and problems of lists