Subject: Re: intentinal mail loops
From: Ron Fitzherbert <ron @ penguin . net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 17:02:36 -0400
To: Brian Hartsfield <bh @ hq . stargame . org>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

I too would like to hear the answer to this one -- I am in the process of
deciding on what list management software to use for running between 10
and 20 lists -- these lists will no t have a large number of subscribers,
but it could still cause problems if it happens.  I can think of a couple
of dozen "nasty" ways of handling the problem, but in the interest of
having a good relationship with other sysadmins I would think that the
"nasty" solutions are not the best route to go.  Other than asking the
party involved to please stop doing it (or just unsubscribing them) is
there an easy, clean, "nice" way of handling problems like this?

Ron

  ---------------- Ronald J. Fitzherbert, President ---------------
           Flying Penguin Productions - Arlington, VA (USA)
                Interactive Electronic Communications
           1.703.358.9219 (voice) 1.703.522.2798 (telefax)

On Wed, 26 Jul 1995, Brian Hartsfield wrote:

> I have been having a program on a couple of lists at my site lately and
> am interested in getting some advice on how to deal with this in the
> future.  Luckily it has stopped for now.
>
> What has been happeneing is that members that want to be unsubscribed but
> don't remember how are setting up intentonal mail loops and resending all
> mailk from the list back to the list.  This is taxing on the machine the

-- deleted --