Subject: Clueless mail from (Architext)?
From: mcb @ postmodern . com (Michael C. Berch)
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 1995 22:02:24 -0700
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Has anyone else gotten a very strange spam-like mailing from "List Boy"
( with the subject, "Architext would like to
index your mailing list", followed by a list of (in this case 100)
apparently random list-owner or list-server addresses (none of which
were lists I have anything to do with)?

No contact information, no explanation, nothing.  My reply is
appended.  Has anybody heard of these people?

Michael C. Berch /

My reply:

> From: (Michael C. Berch)
> Date: Sun, 30 Jul 1995 21:48:25 -0700
> To: List Boy <>
> Cc:, (Domain admin contact), (Domain technical contact)
> > [List of 100 mailing list request addresses deleted]
> Excuse me, but what is this about?  What is Architext, why did you
> send me this mail, and what do the list of 100 lists, none of which
> appear to be mine, have to do with me, and just what does it mean to
> have one's list "indexed"?   Which ONE of my lists do you want to
> "index" (I run several lists at several sites)?
> And while I'm at it, a few more questions: why is there no contact
> information besides the From line of "List Boy <>",
> and most pertinently, what do you home to accomplish by sending
> completely clueless and inexplicable messages to mailing list managers?
> Regards,
> --
> Michael C. Berch

Indexed By Date Previous: appology