Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(August 1995)

Subject: Preventing Mail Loops, Other
From: "S Clift (North Star)" <nstar @ nic . state . mn . us>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 10:05:23 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

In a few weeks the person who set-up majordomo and has served as list
administrator will be leaving (he was on a summer contract).  I assume
his responsibilities will be shifted, but I need to make some changes
ASAP to prevent a mail loop from developing on the two unmoderated lists
that I own.  How do I (or does list adminstrator have to) change the
Reply-To section from the the list to the original sender.  We had
someone go on vaction, activate their auto-reply and boom - major
embarrassment.

Also, I get this "bounce" message periodically.  What is messed up?

Thanks,
Steven Clift
State of Minnesota
nstar@nic.state.mn.us