Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(August 1995)

Subject: Re: munging reply-to headers (digest V4 #154)
From: Chip Rosenthal <chip @ unicom . com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 1995 18:31:41 -0500 (CDT)
To: fuzzy @ asarian . org (Fuzzy)
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Fuzzy writes:
> our users are using pine 3.91 and it asks, if there is a reply-to:,
> if it should use the original from:, (private reply), or reply-to:,
> (public reply). we find this works fine for our users. in fact they like
> that the MUA asks them.

If you think that's cool, you ought to see what Pine will do if
you *stop* Reply-To munging.  When a list reader strikes the R
key, the first thing Pine asks is "Reply to all recipients?"

Pretty slick, eh?  It's a shame that Pine users on lists that munge
Reply-To can't take advantage of it.

--
Chip Rosenthal              Old men sing about their dreams.  Women laugh and
Unicom Systems Development  children scream.  And the band keeps playin' on.