Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 1995)

Subject: Re: Direct e-mail spam
From: scott @ zorch . sf-bay . org (Scott Hazen Mueller)
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 1995 06:22:08 GMT
Apparently-to: list-managers @ greatcircle . com
Newsgroups: zorch.lists.list-managers

>I'd suggest that the next step should be to create an "antispam" mailing
>list (any volunteers?) with the purpose to discuss countermeasures against
>e-mail spam and to work together in implementing some.

Well, I suppose it's time to mention here the '' list.
The list was started in an attempt to divert the ongoing spam discussions from
the mailing list, and the membership is drawn
primarily from Usenet moderators and other such folks.  The subscription
address is '', and the discussion topics include
practical and legal countermeasures, technological fixes, and a certain amount
of information sharing.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Mailinglist spamming countermeasures