Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 1995)

Subject: Re: Direct e-mail spam
From: scott @ zorch . sf-bay . org (Scott Hazen Mueller)
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 1995 06:22:08 GMT
Apparently-to: list-managers @ greatcircle . com
Newsgroups: zorch.lists.list-managers

>I'd suggest that the next step should be to create an "antispam" mailing
>list (any volunteers?) with the purpose to discuss countermeasures against
>e-mail spam and to work together in implementing some.

Well, I suppose it's time to mention here the 'spam@zorch.sf-bay.org' list.
The list was started in an attempt to divert the ongoing spam discussions from
the moderators@uunet.uu.net mailing list, and the membership is drawn
primarily from Usenet moderators and other such folks.  The subscription
address is 'spam-request@zorch.sf-bay.org', and the discussion topics include
practical and legal countermeasures, technological fixes, and a certain amount
of information sharing.

            \scott