Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 1995)

Subject: "list" command and blocking spams
From: Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer <info-labview-request @ pica . army . mil>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 95 10:44:51 EST
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Ken Mayer wrote:
>It should be fairly easy to add a "shunning" feature to resend, it's
>pretty close to the $opt_I code. Addresses that match regular expressions
>in a config file get dropped, or the sender gets a bounce message "Your
>address has been used for spamming, we will no longer distribute mail from
>this address. If you feel that there has been an error, contact
>majordomo-owner@site.org.dom."

The problem I see with this aproach is that it won't work. You'll have to
allow an address to spew once before you can add it to your regexp list.
Kinda defeats the purpose of it, no?

                  Tom Coradeschi, Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer
                      <info-labview-request@pica.army.mil>
          http://k-whiner.pica.army.mil/info-labview/info-labview.html

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Are You Pissed?