Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1995)

Subject: Re: Bouncy Bouncy routine
From: scs @ lokkur . dexter . mi . us (Steve Simmons)
Date: 3 Dec 1995 15:18:20 -0500
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Newsgroups: local.list-managers

Lazlo Nibble <lazlo@swcp.com> writes:

>I have smaller lists, but yes, this problem scales down.  I'd say maybe
>one out of every thirty or so bounces I get is generated by a genuinely
>invalid address; most of the rest are "wasn't able to deliver for four
>hours"-style messages .  . .

Sendmail 8.7.1 now includes a facility to set different timers for
notification on `Precedence: bulk' mail.  A brilliant notion, IMHO.
--
Yea, the heavens shall open and the NP-complete solution given forth.
ATT executives shall give birth to two-headed operating systems, and

Indexed By Date Previous: Bouncing address detection scripts