I am helping plan a software developers' conference. Right now we are at the
stage of gathering mailing lists. I would greatly appreciate it if you could
provide some basic information on your service regarding the following
1. Who owns/manages the mailing list?
2. Are broadcast messages permitted to its subscribers (informational in
3. If so, how can we arrange to send a message to the subscribers?
4. Can you describe the subscribers:
a) Commercial Developers _____ %
b) In-house Developers _____%
c) Systems Integrators ____%
d) VARs--Value Added Retailers _____%
e). Consultants ______%
f). Content ______%
g). Product Managers ______%
h). Others _______(name)%
5. Do you know what development platforms or environments that subscribers
a) UNIX _____%
b) Windows ____%
c) Windows 95 ____%
d) MacOS ______%
e) OS/2 _____ %
f) NewtonOS _______%
g) Magic Cap ______%
h) Other ___________(name)%
6. Do your subscribers develop/using
a) Multimedia applications _______%
b) Client/Server applications ________%
7. How large is the subscriber list?
8. Is there a cost to broadcast messages? If so, how much is it and who needs
to be contacted?
Your prompt reply will be greatly appreciated.