Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1995)

Subject: information
From: Nanyang1 @ aol . com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 21:17:59 -0500
To: info-labview @ pica . army . mil

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am helping plan a software developers' conference. Right now we are at the
stage of gathering mailing lists. I would greatly appreciate it if you could
provide some basic information on your service regarding the following

1. Who owns/manages the mailing list?

2. Are broadcast messages permitted to its subscribers (informational in

3. If so, how can we arrange to send a message to the subscribers?

4. Can you describe the subscribers:

a) Commercial Developers  _____ %
b) In-house Developers _____%
c) Systems Integrators ____%
d) VARs--Value Added Retailers _____%
e). Consultants ______%
f). Content ______%
g). Product Managers ______%
h). Others _______(name)%

5. Do you know what development platforms or environments that subscribers
use/develop in:

a) UNIX  _____%
b) Windows ____%
c) Windows 95 ____%
d) MacOS ______%
e) OS/2 _____ %
f) NewtonOS _______%
g) Magic Cap ______%
h) Other ___________(name)%

6. Do your subscribers develop/using

a) Multimedia applications _______%
b) Client/Server applications ________%

7. How large is the subscriber list?

8. Is there a cost to broadcast messages? If so, how much is it and who needs
to be contacted?

Your prompt reply will be greatly appreciated.

Mei Engelmann

Indexed By Date Previous: [Nanyang1: information]