Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1995)

From: Robert Kapela <rkapela @ nwrain . net>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 12:11:24 -0800
To: "'list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM'" <list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

Dear Soren,

This was not a spam.  I have only sent this message to some people who are active list owners/administers and might benefit and be interested in my offer.  Again this message is NOT being broadcast to every one.

In fact, it was suggested to me that this would be an appropriate method to contact people, rather than posting the message to the mailing list itself.

I apologize if this was offense to you. If you have anys suggestions as to how to better contact selected people please let me know.  :-)

P.S. Please note that I was not asking you to switch your list to my service, rather asking if you would let others know that a service exists for them.

Robert Kapela

I got this spam.  I thought that I would mention it.

Soren Dayton
But I am glad that he said it with MIME!

-----

                                                **THIS IS NOT A SPAM**

Dear Soren,=20

I noticed that you already own and administer your own mailing list...

...You are one of the lucky ones. Many potential list owners are =
finding it difficult to find someone that will host and administer their =
mailing list for them at a reasonable price...

...I have recognized this need and have started a company call =
SPENCER-DAVIS GROUP which is dedicated to hosting and administering =
mailing lists at reasonable prices...

... If you know anyone who is interested in starting their own mailing =
list please refer them to my web page, or better yet, if you sign them =
up for my service I will give you $50.00 for every mailing list that you =
sign up!!

Remember to check out my home page for more information: =
http://www.spencer-davis.com.

Thank you for your time and consideration :)

Robert Kapela		=09
Kapelar@isomedia.com
http://www.spencer-davis.com=20
Phone:206-861-1920