Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1995)

Subject: Re: AOL workarounds
From: PMDAtropos @ aol . com
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 1995 10:42:34 -0500
To: List-Managers @ greatcircle . com

In a message dated 95-12-24 18:30:07 EST, 0006058685@mcimail.com (Curt A.
Monash) writes:

>The AOL mail reader is only slightly more brain-alive than this old DOS MCI
>Mail package I'm answering from.  Neither has any sort of automated
>quote-and-reply built in.

If the user is using AOL for Windows 2.5, they do: simply highlight the text
to be quoted and hit Reply or Reply to All. The next Mac version will support
the same function.

>Now, AOL software is buggy; the one person I tried to force to use this
>feature said it didn't work on her installation.  But most users should be
>able to do that.

I've never had a problem replying to posts -or- using copy/paste; if your
list readers say they are, you should feel free to suggest that they make use
of our "TechLive" support staff online. The area is free to the user and
always open.

--
__ David B. O'Donnell (atropos@aol.net, PMDAtropos@aol.com, Atropos@gnn.com)
\/ AOL Internet Feedback/Response/Information Team Manager, LISTSERV Manager