Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1995)

Subject: Spam relief
From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse @ fmp . com>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 1995 11:46:58 -0600 (CST)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

I'm one of the Majordomo administrators at Real/Time Communications in
Austin, TX.  A broad spectrum of our lists were spammed twice over the
Christmas weekend and during the following week.  I just this morning
learned that you are aware of the problem at Great Circle, and that there's
a patch for MD to give some relief to admins on this sort of problem.  I'd
appreciate any information anyone can give me on this and on the source of
this spam.

Apologies if this information has been repeatedly posted to this list.  I
just joined the list this morning, having tried to write Brent Chapman and
getting an automated "thank you" from his autoresponder.

--
Lindsay Haisley          | "Everything works     |   PGP public key
FMP Computer Services    |       if you let it"  |   available via

Indexed By Date Previous: Active Internet connections